21 November 2008

New Favorite Quote

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the driveway before it has stopped snowing." - Erma Bombeck

This is my new favorite quote and one I am going to TRY and remember. I understand the futility of picking up when they are just going to drag the toys back out, but I like to have a little bit of order to the house not to mention SAFETY! You know what I mean if you've ever stepped on a Lego - it hurts!

I'm also learning to accept a little bit of sand here and there and if he wants to sleep in 1/2 his sandbox that he's transported to his bed then whay should I care. But the crumbs and spilled milk are another story . . . anyone ever heard of ants and bugs?

I am counting the days until we can install the new floor and I can happily Swiffer once again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I repeat that to myself like a mantra some days.