05 January 2011

This Parenting Thing

I was really proud of myself last night that I was able to feed all three kids, assist in the completion of one homework assignment, have two kids take showers, and get one completely (or so I thought) ready for bed while JP rode his bike. And all of this without yelling, crying, or teeth gnashing!

Pickle was fed, showered, hair brushed, and teeth clean when JP returned around 6:40.  She had some additional play time and then we read a book and she was off to sleep.  Sounds perfect, right?

Well this morning - about 15 minutes after she got up - she says, "Mom, I slept all night in my underwear and didn't pee."  Boy, was she excited! I had to have her repeat herself two more times . . . seems I forgot to get her changed into a pull-up before bed.  Thankfully it was a successful night because JP and I would have been VERY confused to have been changing sheets in the middle of the night. I'm guessing the precedent has been set and we are in for some exhausting nights ahead as we tackle this next milestone.

Got to love this parenting thing . . . .

No comments: