02 March 2012

Day Off

Today I took the day off and I felt a little bit like Ferris Bueller (although legitimately I took a vacation day). I felt like Ferris because I didn't just sit around or spend it cleaning or doing mundane errands. . . I adventured! I started the day by celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday reading with The Boy at school and then the rest of the day was a dedicated "Girls' Day." Pickle had the day off from school and I promised her lunch out. My Dad and his wife Lynna are in town and with Dad busy all day at a conference she joined us as well. We had manicures - Pickle's first - and then a girly lunch and some shopping. I think the most exciting part of the day for Pickle was riding up and down the glass elevator at Scottsdale Fashion Mall. I also was able to watch her dance class which JP usually gets to do on Friday afternoons. All in all it was a pretty good day off. And now I am curled up on the couch with a glass of wine watching Bud & Sissy. TGIF!

No comments: