22 May 2008

Our Anniversary

Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. I can not believe it has already been 9 years.

When we were first engaged and married I had many friends ask me, "How do you know he's the one?" And my answer has always been, "I just know." There has never been a moment of doubt or hesitation in that answer since the moment I realized he was the one. It is not something I can explain but just something I feel and know with confidence that we are supposed to be together.

We were married in Louisiana at my grandparents' house on the Bayou. It was an outdoor wedding at 7:30 in the evening and absolutely beautiful. I remember walking out the back door with my Dad and turning the corner to walk down the "aisle" and thinking to myself that it was perfect. My grandmother really out did herself with the gardens and flowers and it was a gorgeous (although humid) night.

It was a big wedding . . . probably over 200 people in attendance; and we each had 7 attendants. Big weddings are pretty normal in the south and we were no exception. We had the band, the bar, the food, the huge cake, and all the trimmings. My parents truly spoiled me but it was their day as much as mine, I think. It was a great night and everyone tells me that had a great time.

I could go on and on with my memories of that night . . . it will be one I will never forget. But better than the memories of that night are the moments we have had since then that have included two births, many milestones, and lots of fun. I am grateful to my nerdy cyclist for opening my eyes to so much more than what I knew from small town Louisiana and for encouraging me to do more, be more, learn more, and see more. I "just know" that I am in love.

No comments: