08 June 2008

Cookies!


I found this recipe in Sunset and I just love when I have all required ingredients to make something! These were pretty easy . . . I like drop cookies much better than rolling and cutting! The recipe says it will make 5 dozen but I only got about 3 dozen . . . . I also only added chocolate chips to the second half as I did not have the required amount and I thought JP might like some without chocolate (crazy, I know).

Here you go . . . Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter (softened, of course)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 large eggs
2 T vanilla extract
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (I'm not sure mine were quick-cooking . . . .)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350
Using a mixer on medium speed, cream butter & sugars until smooth.
Add peanut butter and mix until combined; then add eggs & vanilla.
In another bowl whisk together oats, flour, and baking soda.
Add to butter mixture and mix on low until well incorporated.
Add chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoons 1" apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, switching positions of pans halfway through baking, or until lightly browned but still soft in the center.
Transfer cookies to racks to cool.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I just had one and it was great!