14 July 2009

Weekend in the City


This past weekend was one of those times that lived up to what people always say, "if I lived in a big city, I would . . ." We've lived here almost 9 years and we have done a pretty good job of taking advantage of all the wonderful things that the city has to offer like sporting events, museums, theaters, etc. This past weekend I was lucky enough to see Wicked - the Broadway play based on the novel about the Wicked Witch of the West. It was actually my second time to see it and it was great!

On Saturday night we took the Little Guy downtown to see a baseball game. We rode the new Light Rail all the way down Central and got off right near the baseball stadium so it was perfect. He had a fabulous time of course and the Diamondbacks won which made it even better. He was probably most excited about the fact that he got a new Bobblehead! Our seats were in a new section called "All You Can Eat" and it was on the suites level so the location was good and the price was right for all the hotdogs, popcorn, peanuts, and soda we could eat. I think we did a good job getting our money's worth!

The Boy truly amazes me with his ability to remember players names and information. I asked him "what is Miguel Montoya's number"and he could tell me; then I ask him another player's number and he knew that one too. So I ask him, "how do you remember their numbers?" And he tells me, "I have a thing up there that keeps them straight." Funny kid . . . and so smart!

No comments: