16 May 2011

New Job

I know everyone was surprised by my Facebook update the other day that it was my last day at work. Switching jobs has happened so quickly that I have not had a chance to tell everyone including many members of my family. I spent four very busy years at my previous company and learned a lot about recruiting and met some really great people, but I was recruited away to an awesome organization that is a great logical step for my career.

Today was my first day and I couldn't be more impressed with how organized everything is here and how happy and honest everyone is about the company and what I can expect. I have so much to learn about day-to-day process and I can not wait to dig in and get started. One of the coolest parts of my job is that I will be working from home which means we have been busy setting up a true office space for me where I can shut everyone out and be able to focus. I am really excited to create this space that will be all my own.

Right now I am in Ohio for new hire orientation which meant that I had to fly out Sunday morning and then drive nearly 2 hours in the rain to my hotel. Ohio is beautiful - although gray and dreary right now - and I was really taken by the verdant farmland, beautiful (and I am sure old) structures including some really awesome churches right outside of Columbus. I really wish I had my camera with me so I could have taken some pictures. The other observation I made was of the swollen rivers that were very close to their banks; very wet around here and very different from the desert.

So that is the update on my new job. I head home on Thursday and can't wait to see my little peeps (and my big one).

No comments: