02 July 2008

Real Life Thursday - The Bedroom


I was not thrilled when I saw this week's topic . . . the bedroom. On the weekend when I am able to make the bed, pick up the clutter, and dust I really love my bedroom; but in the middle of the week my bedroom is just a place to sleep and get ready for work. Here goes nothing . . . .

Under the bed: books, old t-shirts, some toys we aren't ready to give Ranger. . . .
On the dresser: the usual . . . tv, photos, an old thermostat that tells you it was 87 degrees in my room at 7pm - yikes! In the dresser: pants/ shorts mostly.












Night table: I really like my night table. I got these great shelves at Bombay about 8 years ago (a nice gift certificate from my best friend K) and in this house they function as a night table and a ledge next to a chair (see other picture). On my night table you can see a light, a coaster, a picture of me and JP taken right after he proposed to me on top of a mountain; and a stack of books including Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich which I am reading now, my bible, and a James Patterson book that I am about half way through.

Pictures/ Decorations: These are just a few of the pictures I have on the wall . . . our wedding photo, the wedding photo of my paternal grandparents, my favorite picture of Ranger, and some small pictures that I took on the mountain the day JP proposed. On other walls we have a picture of a dog on a bed and it says Master Bedroom and we also have a watercolor of a road in Cuchara (more to come on Cuchara in a few weeks).

What I love about my bedroom - my bed. What I hate about my bedroom - the piles of clothes that need to be put away. I'm pleased the picture turned out blurry . . . not on purpose, I promise.
What makes my bedroom uniquely me: the fact that I sponge painted all 4 walls by myself. I thought it was great when I did it but after 3 years, I really hate it. JP says it's like we took a dirty diaper and smeared it on the walls . . . graphic and probably offensive to some but he calls it like he sees it.

What I sleep in . . . tonight it's shorts and a big t-shirt. Some nights I choose pj pants and a tank top . . . depends on my mood and how dang hot it is.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

great clean room...i think mine is so far definitely the messiest & most humiliating out of everyone's! i am getting more embarrassed as I go through everyone else's rooms! hahaha great post!

Sarah said...

your room is really nice I like the walls!

Kris said...

Thanks for the dirty diaper visual while eating dinner

Unknown said...

I love your bed too! And I do like the walls, but I can see why you'd tire of them. And it's hard to get anything done w/ little ones underfoot.

I love James Patterson too--I just wish he would cuss less!

Scrappy Girl said...

I bet sponging those walls was alot of work. Wow!

Amy said...

That chair is gorgeous!! And I LOVE the night "stands"---very very nice!