15 December 2008

A Glimpse

I thought I'd share a glimpse of me and my not so simple life . . . "Simple House" maybe but simple life, never. Here is the page from my journal yesterday morning:

So much flippin' stuff to do that I don't know where to start . . . can't relax for a second . . . even finishing my book today was a chore on my list because it's so overdue that I could have bought the book by now with the late fees I'm going to have to pay.

Also read some magazines today but not for pleasure but instead to make sure they got read before the holiday so the great ideas and recipes don't become useless in the post holiday diet season.

My window of time is dwindling as P won't play much longer alone and who knows how much longer D will sleep. I've already baked two loaves of banana bread, folded 2 baskets of clothes, made the bed, and gotten dressed and it's only 10:25am.

Still to do:
water/ feed plants
finish laundry
clean bathrooms
wrap presents
print Xmas cards
address envelopes
go to library
go to store
p/u prescription
(call in prescription)
start chicken
hang lights

And somewhere in there I need to spend time with the kiddos and maybe JP. Is it any wonder that Mondays back at work almost seem relaxing?

That was just the list of must dos today but I've got another 5-10 items that should get done.

What I'd love to do is a) go to yoga and b) finish shopping including finding myself some new boots and getting a bigger jacket from Old Navy for the warm up suit I'm currently wearing.

So, there you go . . . my thoughts as of 10:30 Sunday morning. What's sad is that shortly after I wrote this I remembered that we needed to go see Santa which took 2 hours out of the day so we were still doing many of those items at 9:30 last night. The chicken wasn't defrosted so that got scratched. Instead I tried to make french fries from scratch (yet again) and baked JP an apple pie. He did get the lights up and I did wrap some presents, but the plants are still suffering. Oh well . . . Tis the Season!

No comments: