22 December 2008

The Wife's Birthday

Today is Christi's birthday. Although she probably doesn't want me to share it she rolling onto 34. I just wanted to use this forum to extol her virtuous nature and lavish her with praise. She is a wonderful mother and a terrific wife and I truly wish her birthday came more often because I do not do a good enough job of pampering her on a daily basis. She works her ass off in a little glass office( not a euphemism) to bring home the bacon while I stay at home with the little ones. I do try and clean the house, but I do not have an eye for finer points of clutter removal and the end result leaves much desired by the Mrs. I do build the pantry cabinets, tend the garden, and keep the kids from dying. Even today I hung a new door from the pantry room to the garage, but this doesn't make up for the layer of filth that these projects leave behind.
If you know her you know that she works hard without complaint, both at the paying job and around here, and doesn't really ask for much so wish her happy birthday and give her a smile. Maybe that will make up for some of my shortfalls. If you read this honey, I am about to get up and go sweep something up or maybe put a lego away to make the house a little more presentable for you on your birthday. Happy birthday babe and I love you very much.

No comments: