11 January 2009

2009 Project #1

It has begun! The new floor has been taking up space and collecting dust in the garage since before Thanksgiving and now we are in a race to get it installed before the weather warms up. We are starting in the bedroom and we are using this time to repaint the walls that JP never really did like. I slaved over those walls by myself by sponging them . . . it was a neat process and I was pleased with how it turned out. But as time has gone by, I've realized it was not the best decorating idea that I've had. Here is a picture update:The carpet is out and you can see the "baby poop" colored walls. Today we got a coat of primer on: and we should be able to finish painting this week. We have selected a brown shade. JP is anxious to start laying the floor so I am hopeful that we will have the room back together by the end of next weekend. HOWEVER, I have "ordered" a new bed and my master carpenter will need to complete that as well.

No comments: