21 January 2009

Inaugural Obsession

Unless you live under a rock you probably know that Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States yesterday. Regardless of your political persuasion I have to imagine you were just as captured as I was by all the ceremony of the day. It really fascinates me to watch such events and think about the history and tradition that goes into each part of the day. Although we are not a Monarchial society our Founding Fathers obviously wanted us to have traditions on which we could build to show the importance of such events.

It is also interesting to see such a group of powerful people coming together for this tradition and ceremony. To see so many past presidents and vice presidents in one place is engaging and to imagine the conversations that go on is truly fun.

I am also fascinated by the First Lady and those little girls. What was going through their heads yesterday and how was their first night in that house? Do you think Michelle woke up this morning wondering where her toothbrush was and if they had the right toothpaste? For that matter is she wondering how she'll get more toothpaste or do you think they have already told her not to worry about it. It's the little things that I could ponder all day.

Finally I just want to comment on her outfits yesterday . . . since this is my forum I get to say what I want! I thought they were fabulous. I am so glad she did not wear red or blue. The color combination she chose for the day was perfect and she looked great. I also love the white dress she wore to the balls. I have heard one comment this morning that said it was disappointing because she typically wears such tailored outfits. That comment had to be from a MAN. Would you want to wear something form-fitting to 10 balls? I think her choice was perfect. It was sexy but yet it was probably pretty comfortable too so she could enjoy her evening and easily get in and out of cars without too much concern for a wardrobe malfunction or having to suck in her stomach all night.

Thanks for listening . . . .

1 comment:

Kris said...

I also find it refreshing to see how relaxed and comfortable they are with each other and not afraid to show the world how in love they are and how much they love their children.