29 March 2009

Birthday Party

Whew! The birthday party was a success. I am always glad we keep things simple and short and I think other parents appreciate that especially since they come and hang out. Weekends are busy and I know everyone has other things they would rather be doing. Luckily it was a beautiful afternoon to have a party at the park and the kids all seemed to have fun playing and the adults seemed to enjoy hanging out and talking.

This year we had the party from 2-4 in the afternoon so I did not have to serve lunch. I put out a bunch of snacks and candy and of course we had cake and ice cream. Cee-Cee made another great cake with this year's theme and it sounded like she had some interest in her skills. She also did a craft with the kids, kept the Birthday Boy on a good present-opening pace, and coordinated the timing of the party so we finished the pinata at 3:58pm! She and Kris then immediately started packing everything up. Having friends like that certainly makes my job as Mom a lot easier!
The craft . . . they made their own badges!

Unfortunately the pinata didn't last very long . . . I think I overfilled it. We also didn't blindfold the kids and it only took a couple of them before it was on the ground.

No comments: