08 March 2009

Sunday

Let me start this update by saying a couple of things:
1) I wish I had something cute and funny to blog about but it will just be the same stuff and
2) Our laptop is on it's way out (again) so I am using the desktop which is painfully slow.

Okay, now that I got those two items off my chest let me update you on our exciting world. There is not much to report . . . we had a fun evening last night of hanging outside on the patio with a fire drinking beer, chatting with friends, and wrangling kids. The first part of the evening was trying to keep the toddlers from destroying the snacks that were laid out and the second part was trying to keep them from putting their hands in the fire. At the end of an evening when we have had friends over for dinner or we've gone to their house for dinner I always feel very grown up. One of the most pervasive memories of my childhood was my parents having dinner parties or pool parties so I guess this is what I associate with being an "adult." Weird, huh?

Yesterday I also attended the Girl Scouts First Saturday event. This is a program that the Junior League of Phoenix is currently coordinating where the committee volunteers serve as the Troop Leaders for a large group of girls who would not otherwise have the Girl Scouting experience. It's a really neat program. This month they were learning all about nutrition and how to be healthy so my friend Kris and I taught them some kickboxing moves. Actually Kris did the teaching since she is trained as a kickboxing instructor and I just played along. It was quite a workout to run through the steps with 6 different groups!

Today we have many projects - as always - including getting ready for our upcoming trip. Next Saturday we are leaving to spend a few days in Nevada and Utah during Brother's Spring Break. Since we are not on top of the vacation planning game we didn't have a whole lot of choices for Spring Break where we could still book our time share. One of the two options was Mesquite, NV which is very close to St. George, UT and Zion National Park. I'll provide more details later this week!

We also need to make the invitations for Brother's birthday party which will be at the end of the month. I can not believe he will be 5! This year's party will have a Fire Truck theme. The party will be very simple and we are going to have it at a park this year since our house is being torn up. We are not the parents who hire the clown, face painting, or get the jumpy thing. The kids lose interest in them pretty quickly and then they're just running around playing anyway. We did get a pinata which I think is fun and it was fairly cheap (which is the key word here).

That's about all I can think of to update you on this week.

No comments: