03 March 2009

No Time for Mommy to Be Sick

I missed doing the Daybook yesterday as I am not able to get to our blog at work anymore and I was at work from 7am to close to 5pm yesterday. It's been a rough couple of days since I have been (and still am) sick. I had been fighting a simple cold and sore throat for a few days and then BAM on Sunday it just hit me hard. I couldn't stop sneezing or keep my eyes open especially in the bright sunlight. For about an hour I just laid on the loveseat outside and stared at the trees and sky while the children played. I am sure I dozed off from now and then only to be awoken by Pickle's little head on me. The Little Guy was making "soup" for me and would bring me tupperwares full of dirt to sip from time to time.

But duty calls and I had to be at work at 7am on Monday so off I went . . . feeling much better after I had some breakfast from Starbucks. I survived the whole day and even came home to whack some tile and thinset before dinner and then clean up after dinner. I must have put on a good show because JP asked me before bed, "Are you getting up to go to the gym?" Don't make me laugh, hah, hah, hah.

This morning I am still congested and have a wicked cough. I feel like I have the lung capacity of 50 year smoker. But the show must go on. In the next 21 minutes I will make The Little Guy's lunch, pack my own, put on some makeup and clothes, and dry my hair. Then I am off to the office. When I get home I will attempt to do one of the many things on the chore list for the week.

My favorite laugh when I am sick is for people at work to say, "why don't you go home?" And I say, no I have a better chance of resting at the office. Mom is not allowed to take a sick day.

No comments: