25 May 2009

Happy Memorial Day!


Here is what my beloved gave me for our 10 year anniversary! I have coveted a Le Creuset pot for many years and he has given me a nice big one perfect for soups and stews . . . I also can not wait to use it for braising pork shoulder and even for roasting whole chicken! I am inaugurating my new French Oven by boiling Pork Country Style Ribs today.
We have celebrated the Memorial Day weekend in the classic tradition of EATING! JP and I spent 24 hours this weekend without the kids! We spent Saturday afternoon by the pool, went out Saturday night for a mediocre Mexican food dinner, and had a fabulous breakfast on Sunday at The Farm. The kids joined us Sunday afternoon for swimming, hanging out and hot dogs for dinner. This morning we started the day with powdered donuts straight out of the bag . . . had a lunch of Fritos and Rotel dip . . . and then had an afternoon snack of ice cream that included "mix-ins" (Butterfinger for JP, Reeses for me, and sprinkles for The Boy). We bought the stuff and had our own ice cream parlor here at the house! With all this junk food it is no surprise that I can barely stay awake. Now that the ribs are cooking . . . it may be time to crack open a beer to watch the end of the D'back game.

I hope you have enjoyed your weekend as much as I did!

No comments: