10 May 2009

Serious Progress

We made some serious progress on the remodel yesterday! We made the most prudent decision to go to the Depot and rent the tool to power scrape the thin set. At $66.71 and taking only one hour it was the best use of time and money on this whole project! I am so pumped to have all the tile gone and now finally the thin set . . . well, we still have piles of thin set but the hard part is done. My whole body is sore from my hands down to my feet but it was totally worth it!

JP also got the rest of the wall out between the kitchen and den and more of the brick wall down:Today we must complete the removal of the bulkhead in the kitchen and the rest of the brick wall in preparation for the drywall guy to come on Monday. Things are moving along quickly but there are still several pieces of demolition/ tear out to do before I want to even consider installing the new cabinets. For some reason I have this idea that we can get the house to pristine condition before reassembling things.

Speaking of building things . . . here's how I've spent my Mother's Day so far:

No comments: