24 August 2009

Me and the Kids at the Zoo



I took the kids to the Zoo on Sunday . . . just me and the kids. We went really early (left the house around 7am) to avoid the crowds and the heat; not as successful on the latter as I would have liked. The Phoenix Zoo is an ever-changing place which makes it fun to go because you will always see something new or different and you can see the improvements constantly being made. The Zoo is now offering a new Giraffe experience where you get to feed the giraffes! Giraffe's are my favorite so I was totally excited about this.

The "experience" takes place every day from 9 am to 10am so we made our way around the zoo and ended up in the area around 8:40. I knew we were in the right place because we were greeted with this:
Can't you just hear them saying: "Nack, nack, nack . . . ." I am pretty sure they know what's about to happen. It was a really awesome experience.
After seeing the farm animals and playing with the "Little People" we were pretty close to melted so I let the kids play in the "Yakulla Caverns" but it was a bit stressful for me because I kept losing Pickle in the cave area. I know she can hold her own because she was usually the one pushing the kids (bigger and smaller) out of the way, but I didn't want her to hurt herself (or someone else) since we know she is pretty skilled at that. The Little Guy was pretty nice about helping me find her and then sliding with her or guiding her to another area. They had a lot of fun but she was clearly exhausted at this point so we headed home!

1 comment: