30 August 2009

More Posts and Pictures Coming

Who wants to see vacation pictures? I feel a little cheesy sharing my vacation pictures . . . like the old sitcom scene where you make your guests sit and watch 300 slides of your trip. Well, this is what this site is for so I will be posting them soon whether you want to see them or not.

And how long have I been promising updated pictures of the house? I will take some snaps today and put them on to view later this week with an update on progress.

Last night we had our good friends over for dinner. I was in a mood to cook so I made these ribs again, a new baked bean recipe from Pioneer Woman, and a potato salad with vinaigrette dressing from Cooking Light. The ribs were tasty but the meat wasn't falling off the bone like last time. I will take more care in the boiling process the next time I do them; I think that makes all the difference. The baked beans were really good and there were lots of compliments . . . even JP liked them and he is not a huge baked bean fan. The potato salad was okay. I think I would tweak it to have some roasted garlic or something to give it a bit more flavor.

We had lots of tasty snacks to munch on pre-dinner and we could have probably stopped there. I made what I thought would be a cheesy vegetable dip but it turned out to have more of a cheeseball consistency so it was good with crackers at least. Lo brought Brie and crackers which was a nice treat and a yummy jar Bruschetta mix that was good on bread. I think we ate well last night!

The food was good but it was quite a zoo in here! With my wild children plus Lo and Jer's (almost) 4-year-old and another (almost) 2-yr-old it was pretty wild! The crazy thing is that there is an infant and another on the way (Kel is due in December) that will make our get together's even louder and crazier. It's kind of fun and they all get along really great for the most part. Pickle and her "boyfriend" (Kel's son) just fight over toys because whatever he has in his hands, Pickle wants and then she steals it and runs away and he chases her. I think it's hilarious.

No comments: