23 February 2009

Daybook - February 23rd

Here is the link to The Simple Woman's Day Book:http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY February 23rd . . .

Outside my window. . . slightly overcast with sun trying to peak out . . . gonna be a nice warm 84 degrees today!

I am thinking . . . that I have a lot of things I want (maybe need) to do today instead of work.

I am thankful for . . . the VERY lazy Sunday we had yesterday.

From the kitchen . . . made "Navarre Brisket" for dinner last night. It cooked for almost 24 hours and was just delicious. We'll be eating it 3 other ways this week as well! I also made a sort of Manicotti (with Lasagna noodles) cheese roll up casserole last night which we will be eating tonight. I am pretty proud of it because I had all the ingredients on hand and made it up as I went along!

I am wearing . . . black pants and a black t-shirt with big flowers on it . . . didn't feel like getting too dressed up for work today.

I am creating . . . not much of anything right now.

I am going . . . no where really special this week.

I am reading . . . still reading The Kitchen Boy but I also started Track of the Cat by Nevada Barr this weekend.

I am hoping . . . (still hoping) we can wrap up Pickle's room this week - just a few more baseboards and we'll be finished!

I am hearing . . . a somewhat noisy air system here at work (shhh, yes I'm at work).

Around the house . . . not sure what it looks like right now but I had it pretty clean this weekend (or as clean as I can get that nasty tile).

One of my favorite things . . . I have so many favorite things but as I told JP last night . . . I love having our meals planned and even prepared when we go to bed on Sunday. It just makes the week run smoother!

A few plans for the rest of the week: JP has a bike race on Wednesday night so we do the whole kid handoff thing at the race. I have Bunco on Saturday night . . . that's about it!

No comments: