19 February 2009

Favorite Blogs

So I have a blog and I like to read blogs . . . not a shocking revelation. One of the newest ones I found is www.Dooce.com which is hysterical. I only read a few posts but just reading her "About" section had me peeing in my pants. I wish I could be irreverant on my blog as she is or like Jen Lancaster on www.jennsylvania.com (she wrote Bitter is the New Black and other books after she got the writing bug blogging many years ago). You may have heard of the woman from Dooce . . . she's the one that lost her job several years ago for blogging about people from work. Trust me . . . there are a few things you won't read about on my website . . . work and Junior League. Not to say I won't talk about Junior League - like, hey, get down to the Fairgrounds this weekend for our annual Rummage Sale; but you won't hear me replay any of the drama. Not that there is drama in the Junior League . . . we are just a nice group of woman working to better the community.

I think I'm going to like Dooce a lot because she is about my age and has a daughter about Brother's age and is pregnant currently (I am not!), but it's fun to read about other people's lives and know that they are pretty similar to the craziness at "Our Simple House."

My other daily must-read is The Pioneer Woman. She's a hoot and has great recipes. Check them out . . . I figure blogs are cheaper and faster and small doses of reading is about all I seem to have time for these days.

No comments: