11 February 2009

Why?

"Because it is there." These words were purported to have been spoken by George Mallory when it was inquired of him as to his reason to climb mountains. If Pickle could speak I feel for certain that she would use a similar justification for her table topping exploits. Although on a worldly scale her feats pale in comparison to what Hillary, Mallory et. al. have accomplished, to her she is reaching the top of the world when she ascends a dangerous dining precipice. Although I feel somewhat guilty for squelching her desire to summit, I do not feel it is in her best health interest to allow her to assail unsupervised. I cannot actually help her down from on high as she is still too heavy for me to lift on a regular basis. It is for this reason that the dining room must now look like this.

No comments: