26 February 2009

Random Thoughts

Did you like the Oscars on Sunday night? I did. I really liked the change in format as I thought it went much faster and then gave them the time they needed to highlight each nominee in the acting categories. (Perhaps it went faster because I was able to fast forward through the boring parts and most of the speeches.)

Do you like Brad and Angelina? I do. Not sure why people have strong feelings one way or another about this couple. Their "scandalous" relationship is nothing different from the years of Elizabeth Taylor and her alleged husband stealing. The difference is now we can track people's lives via the internet.

Speaking of that . . . it really bothered me when President Clinton was taken to task about his philandering. Is it right for a married man to act that way? No, of course not but is he the first President to do so? No, nor is he the first politician to do so. I bet MANY of those Congressmen had/ have sordid secrets they wouldn't want publicized on television and the internet.

But I digress . . . I did title this post "Random Thoughts" . . . maybe it should be "Rambling Thoughts."

Speaking of tracking people on the internet . . . I am following some interesting people on Twitter. Do you Twitter? You can follow me at cjchristensen6. My life's not that interesting but I think that is what is fun about it. I also get news updates via Twitter which is nice during the day.

Pickle is currently testing me. She is being told not to touch the plant but she keeps doing it with her foot and then looking at me. She is pure trouble . . . kept her Dad on his toes yesterday climbing on various tables and dancing.

Little Guy is home sick from school today. He gets sick so fast. We were at the bike race last night and he just looked so tired then he is freezing and then he is asleep in the car within an hour. I am guessing his temperature was around 103 last night when we put him to bed with a does of Tylenol. Another dose at 3am and he is feeling fine this morning . . . but we're keeping him home anyway.

No comments: