01 February 2009

A Day at the Races and More

Where to begin . . . we have had another busy weekend and I have had much to blog about but am now getting it done at the 11th hour of the day.

Let's start with yesterday . . . Race Day. This was Little Guy's first chance to "race" without his training wheels and he did a great job. They are supposed to race only a short distance but he of course made a full lap and then another. It was a fun day and even Pickle enjoyed (and behaved) herself. I am continuously amazed at JP's friends and how good they are with our kids.In the staging area . . . Putting on his race face . . . And they're off . . .Coming in for the home stretch (of his full lap) . . . Where's my bow?He says he was having fun . . . .

Little Guy had his second soccer practice on Friday and he got his uniform:We also finished the floor in Brother's room this week including buying a rug . . . which he LOVES. I have to admit it is pretty neat and he really likes it. We have to pick up all the cars each night but that's okay for now.JP is having hernia surgery on Tuesday so this week will be a little busy. He is not supposed to lift anything heavy which will be tough considering Pickle is probabl close to 25 pounds by now. I am going to have to try and work from home so I can be there to lift her up to get her in bed, etc. I spent the weekend cooking to get ready not knowing what to expect this week and into the next. I think we are well stocked for dinners and lunches!

No comments: